Monday, January 10, 2005

Back in School

School started today. Well, not exactly, but it tried its hardest. Our property class didn't meet until late afternoon and our professor hadn't assigned any pre-class reading (though we did have an in-class read along; our professors will do anything to get that "role-playing" box marked off come evaluation time). Tomorrow will be the real test of how well my holiday-break decompression went. We have torts with a professor who, if he taught gym in my high-school, would have been known as a "ball-buster," and ConLaw with a gentle Yalie who assigned so much reading for our two-credit class last semester that my eyes bleed when I think about what he'll do now that he's got us for three.

Everyone warned me about how awful property can be, including the professor. When your guide says "I'm glad we'll be taking this hike together, but just so you know, there's nothing to see, it's a long walk, and we're almost out of water" it's going to be a bad trip. At least, as Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon says below, there's always the social element of school. Except it looks like they're trying to take our lovin' away. Now I don't have anything to look forward to, and the girl in the cafeteria even called me "sweety" today. I'm sure there will be some moment of light this week that reminds me why I'm doing all this.

Update

Scratch that "ball-buster" business. I just got back from class, and the dreaded torts professor is just a big ol' cuddle bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home