Friday, March 04, 2005

Sweet Prizes

It's been a busy week at school for all the people who decided to participate in the trial advocacy competition starting this weekend. Among them are my co-bloggers, OE and LD, and I wish them the best of luck. But it hasn't been all lazy afternoons and post-brief bliss for those of us too self-conscious to play at being a lawyer yet.

For example, I spent the week finally amassing enough points on West Law trivia (sample question: true or false, isn't westlaw just about the greatest thing ever? really, isn't it? your pants aren't warm just because you have a computer in your lap, it's westlaw isn't it!) to buy the prize I've had my eye on since I earned my first reward program point: the Braun Flex XP II Shaving System: "7800 RPM motor, sealed and water resistant. The Clean & Charge system automatically cleans shaver so it always delivers the closest shave." Goodbye, morning razor routine. You won't be missed.

To those who don't think this is a point-effective way to spend my West Law bounty, I'd like to point out that the exchange rate for my shaver is $.015/pt vs $.010/pt for the iPod and $.014/pt for the canon digital camera. It's a great deal, and I'm not going to shave again until it reaches my door in 4-6 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home